Some times we need to inspect HTTP calls between the internet and the mobile devices for testing a website or app, this article will explain how to capture network traffic between the Internet and mobile devices.
- Connect the Desktop and mobile device to the same network.
- Follow below configurations for Desktop and mobile device.
On Desktop :
- Download : http://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler [The free web debugging proxy for any browser, system or platform]
- Navigate to Tools in menu & select Fiddler Options
- Check the option "Allow remote computers to connect" in Connections tab
- Check Capture and Decrypt for HTTPS calls in HTTPS tab
- Open command prompt and run command "ipconfig", note down the IP address of the machine.
On Mobile :
- Goto Settings
- Select Wi-Fi
- Edit the connected network
- Change Proxy option to manual
- On Hostname field write the IP address of the Desktop Machine
- On Port write 8888
- Save the connected Network by pressing OK button
- Open browser and visit "http://ipv4.fiddler:8888/"
- Download Fiddler Root Certificate
- Install the certificate
Now all network traffic taking place between device and internet will be shown in the Fiddler tool and you can inspect the calls easily.
Video tutorial coming soon, subscribe us on YOUTUBE